• Maulana Wahiduddin Khan

Limitations Of Human Knowledge



Realizing a Limitless God

Since the past five hundred years, the scientific study of the universe has been underway. Numerous great minds have been involved in research and findings related to the universe. The final outcome of these studies has revealed that the cosmos is so vast and expansive that it is well-nigh impossible for the human mind to fully encompass it. A recent study estimates that human knowledge has been able to fathom only 4 percent of the universe. All the stars, planets and galaxies that can be seen today make up just 4 percent of the universe. The other 96 percent is made of stuff that cannot be seen, detected or understood.

With respect to this 4 percent, a scientist has acknowledged that the more we discover, the more we come to understand that even those phenomena we have discovered are yet fully undiscovered. In other words, it is said that we know more and more about less and less. Knowledge of God is equivalent to knowledge of the Creator. However, experience shows that humans have been able to discern only a meager 4 percent of the creation of this Creator. In this scenario, for a person to demand that he be provided absolute knowledge of the Creator is undoubtedly unscientific. If humans have not been able to acquire thorough knowledge of the creation, how can they have conclusive knowledge about the Creator?

If the mind is so confined as to be unable to encompass that which lies within space and time, how can it comprehend that which lies beyond the realm of space and time?

Creation lies within space and time, while the Creator exists beyond space and time. If the mind is so confined as to be unable to encompass that which lies within space and time, how can it comprehend that which lies beyond the realm of space and time?

The truth is that in this world a person can discover God only at the level of his helplessness and not at the level of absolute knowledge.


Source: Spirit Of Islam

13 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All